Tuesday 24 February 2009

Tatting for Judy

I sent these to Judy of CJ Stitching and Blooms for an exchange. Judy wanted some tatting to embelish her Crazy Quilt of my Dreams. She has received them and I really hope the colours of the tatted motifs would match her quilt. I would really love to see how it would look when it is completed. Check out her blog.

What was exchanged? Well, I asked for something she made and to my pleasant surprise, she made me this beautiful Crazy Patchwork pincushion. Isn't it just lovely. I love fuchsias and the colours she chose are just perfect. Did you notice the embroidered W in a Victorian leaf design, butterfly and roses. Judy loves roses and butterflies.

Judy sent me two postcards to show me where she lived and a skein of cotton thread in a separate envelope because she forgot to put them into the package the day before. Judy is just so sweet. What I wanted to show you here is the writing paper. I forgot to photograph the lower part. In the photo here you can see two girls holding hands near the river and at the bottom it has a quote:

Kindred spirits are not as scarce as I used to think, Its splendid to find out that there are so many of them in the world. ~Anne of Green Gables~


I think so too!

7 comments:

  1. Kindred spirits indeed! Looks like you both did very well with this exchange. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely exchange! Both your group of tatted bits and the pincushion are so pretty! How fun to experience something like that! ((Hugs)) to both of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful blog you have. I will have to come back often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely gifts you both made and received! How fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, that's quite a handful of tatted things... nice exchange. the pincushion is beautiful. enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am always open to exchanges. Welcome, Cindy. Yes, Valerie, the pin cushion from Judy is really beautiful. I will treasure it. I think we are kindred spirits!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Wendy, Yup I think we are "Kindred Spirits" too. I am always very nervous when I am creating something for someone else for many reasons but when I finished this CQ Pincushion for you Wendy I was pleased with it and I am soooo very Happy to loved it too. I am glad you also enjoyed the Post Cards, and thread. I am a big AOGG fan and the paper seen the right thing to write on to send you my message.

    Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete