Saturday 30 May 2009

All 9 Puzzle Pieces

These are the puzzle pieces which I sent to Pat Winter for the Pieces of Friendship swap. Finishing the edges was a challenge for me as I only know how to use the sewing machine for straight lines, not curved. I hope it will not be scrutinized. I had a lot of fun sewing these pieces and I love swaps because if not for the exchange deadlines, I would never have finished these or made as many. I hope the pieces will make their new owners smile when they receive them. Thank you Pat for hosting and coming up with this exchange.

7 comments:

  1. Your pieces are lovely! I had the same problem with finishing the edges.

    I did not designate any one to exchange with since I don't actually know anyone, so maybe I'll get one of your pieces! I especially love your embroidery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! I wish I had honed my embroidery skills and learned SRE prior to this project because I would've liked to participate if I didn't think it was going to be a big headache for me! LOL!

    I've really enjoyed seeing your work.

    Give the kitty cats a little scritchy scratch behind their ears or under their chin (wherever they like it best) from Aunty TattingChic! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, you'd come up with so many different techniques to decorate the puzzles. they are all very sweet. i'm now jealous of your swap partners. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Gina, TattingChic and Valerie, I enjoyed making the puzzle pieces. Once you get started, it is difficult to stop. I really hope they will enjoy it. I am leaving it Pat to decide what I get. I did get a request from Melusine so I identified one for her and one for Pat.
    Umi and Tsuru loves a tummy rub. I will give themone specially from you TattingChic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They all look so lovely together. I hope the set you receive will make such a beautiful complete puzzle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are beautiful. I am very impressed. How can you part with them?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Each puzzle piece is just beautiful!! What a lovely patchwork this will be when all the pieces are put together.

    ReplyDelete