Wednesday 20 May 2009

Drumstick Curry



I made my favourite curry on Sunday. Went to the market and happened to see the drumsticks for sale. While I was picking up the vegetable, two different ladies asked how I was going to cook it. In my limited Mandarin and mixed with English I tried to describe what I was going to do with it.

Scrape off a little of the outer layer of the vegetable and cut them up in 2 inch lengths. Chop up a large onion. Fry the onion in some oil, add curry paste, fry till fragrant. Add in drumsticks and coconut milk. Boil for 15 mins and add prawns. Simmer for another 5 mins and serve with steamed rice.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds good. I have no idea what those vegetables are, but I'm sure they're good with your curry.

    Here in the States we call chicken legs "drumsticks" so that's what I thought you were talking about...chicken curry...yummmmy!
    Isn't that funny?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most would think they are chicken legs. This vegetable is called drumsticks, just because it looks like drumsticks. It has a slightly bitter taste but I just love it.

    ReplyDelete