Saturday 29 August 2009

More of August Project 2

My first batch of iced cupcakes with butter cream roses. I made a small batch of chocolate butter cream roses too. Who had the chance to be my test subjects / guinea pigs to taste them? Hmmmm you know who you are. I reduced the sugar in the cake recipe and the chocolate butter cream is actually less sweet than the normal butter cream. I thought the cake was a little dry and the muffin tray was too small for the paper cups so they were a little deformed. I only had one proper muffin tray. Will do better next time. Cake decorating could also be improved. Roses looked oversized but when I put them into individual packaging they do look pretty. Sorry I forgot to take a photo of that one, too excited to give it away.

No comments:

Post a Comment