Sunday 11 April 2010

Stained Glass Intermediate Class

It has been more than a year since I attended the beginners stained glass class. This is my second class - the 3-D Intermediate class. The result of Part 1 of the class is a box. I chose this Poinsettia flower pattern because I wanted red glass in my box. This took nearly 9 hours to make. I found soldering to join the glass into a 3-D structure most difficult. Next week's class involves putting a small lampshade together.

Glass cut and copper foiled.

Top lid and sides soldered, bottom piece cut.

Box soldered and tube-hinged.

Patina applied and finished.

8 comments:

  1. this is a very nice piece of work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! You did so well! I should know as years ago, I freelanced as a stained glass artist! It is a wonderful art and so fulfilling - even though I nearly lost a thumb during my sojourn in that profession!

    I have made a lot of boxes and they are fun, as they are small and you can try your hand at so many designs in a contained space.

    I love how the yellow circle - perfect glass for the centre - pops!
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful box. I love the look of stained glass. A lamp shade sounds challenging. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful! I love poinsettias and I really love the blue glass in the background! A friend of mine has a stained glass shuttle. Not one you can use, I think it's just a decoration but really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOO! seeing you stained glass made my heart go bumpity bump. Stained glass was one of my all time favourite crafts....I suppose it must be the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your kind comments.

    Fox, I would love to hear about your stained glass artist days.

    Annie, it is a very small 4 sides lampshade. Hopefully it will not be too difficult.

    Tatskool, I love it so far. Would you share with us what you have made?

    ReplyDelete