Friday 13 May 2011

Angeline's Travelling Book Adventure - The Spoked Diamond



The spoked diamond looked interesting in the book but mine turned out looking nothing like the book. My fault, . . . as I tatted too many rings and only realized my mistake after tatting half the diamond. So this isn't a diamond, more like an pointed oval. I will try to do better second time round.

Another page of Angeline's book that caught my attention was page 230 titled Placemat Made in China. I have seen this type of tatting in other books before, but just last month I saw such tatting being sold in a shop in Singapore. I recognized the crocheted picots in the doily. They are brand new and made in China. These pieces in various sizes (round doilies - small, medium and large) were sold in packs of half a dozen. Rather inexpensive, some were white, some in ecru.

2 comments:

  1. I think it looks really neat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting looking piece! I do not ever remember seeing it.

    I really like yours - no matter how you tatted it!
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete