Friday 17 June 2011

Starling


This pattern is from Inga Madsen's book Tatted Animals. I used Perle Cotton Size 8 from Anchor Col. 1345 for the head and body and Col. 1335 for the tail and feathers.  The two different coloured threads make this starling a little strange. I really enjoyed tatting the tail.

Inga Madsen explained that she created these designs for a quilted blanket for her grandchild. I may include this in a patchwork blanket. We will see what happens after I tat all the patterns in this book.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful, I love the wings, gorgeous colours.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it!
    Fox : )

    I am currently fascinated with
    Perle thread. Show a tatter something new... : ))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really colorful! Several years ago I had fun making a cloth storybook for my niece's soon-to-be-born baby. I tatted animals and stitched them to the pages. It was fun and a great way to use them because really...what else do you do with a zoo full of tatted animals?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice and fabulous colors!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE following your blog because you often tat about EVERYTHING in a book, so we can see what's in it! Is that Perle #8 similar to "American" #20, say Lizbeth? I also like Gina's idea of putting the animals in a cloth storybook :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Margaret,
    I think the bird in one variegated colour would be nice too.

    Hi Fox,
    So glad you a having a fun time with your perle cottons.

    Hi Gina,
    A cloth story book is a great idea.

    Hi Sue,
    Thanks!!

    Hi Sherry,
    Perle Cotton #8 is about Size 20 but a little more fuzzy. I bought these before Lizbeth came about so I was going for the colours. Come by for a visit anytime!!

    ReplyDelete