Saturday 23 July 2011

Craving for Cake



Cake anyone? Baking a cake to satisfy this craving will not work. Once you bake it, the craving is gone and you are left with cake which no one will eat.  

Craving for potato chips can be easily remedied. Keep bags of chips at home and open a pack to satisfy the craving but cake isn't so easy.

When do you crave for cakes? Usually when watching a cooking show on TV. Could I buy/bake and store these sweets in the fridge before that and have it during the show? Maybe. Do I get these cravings when I am in the cake shop? No, not usually.

5 comments:

  1. It does look delicious. We have to eat gluten-free so I don't have the option of satisfying those cravings in a cake shop. In fact, the smell is just too tempting. I break down and bake one when someone else wants one or I've reached the desperate stage. ;-)

    As to chips, I'm okay until I eat the first one which demands to be followed by a second, third, etc. It is easier to pass on the first than on the following ones so I rarely eat them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never crave cake! And I do not like chocolate or chips! I do crave - once a year a "Nutty Cone" which is a commercial ice-cream cone in a crunchy sugar cone.

    I had the craving last night and I walked to the corner store and fulfilled it! The last craving was a year ago.

    Now, cinnamon toast - that's another story!
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...I hardly crave for cake. I like to have Angel Food cake for my birthday. Lately though, I have been craving for good ole homemade fresh peach pie. Where did that one come from? I have never craved for pie before! What i usually crave for is a large pot of homemade spaghetti sauce!

    I knowwwwwwwwwwww that I am NOT pregnant! LOL

    I'll admit that cake of yours is yummy looking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummmmmmy that looks so lovely I could have taken the cake off the picture and eaten it, I would have been naughty as I am dibetic, cake shops always make me crave a cake I have to look away as I walk pass.
    I hope you enjoyed that lovely cake.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing your cravings. Some foods are just so addictive. Self control is lacking sometimes.

    ReplyDelete