Saturday 24 March 2012

Paper Lingerie





This a shop that sells paper replicas of all things that are deemed desirable and necessary. They are paper effigies that are burnt as offerings to the dearly departed. We came across this shop one day and this caught my attention. Paper or not, it looks quite pretty. Paper lingerie!

If you look carefully around this shop, they also have wooden clogs, T-shirts and shirts, slippers, iphones, ipads etc. Everything you need in the afterworld is sold here. Larger replicas must be custom made e.g. a car or a mansion. What about scratching poles and cat treats?

2 comments:

  1. Well I never I have never seen anything like it, I know in Asia there are very different beliefs but this is a new one on me.

    A scratching pole well only one thing to do is to go in and ask, I am sure they might have one, if I could make you one I would but shipping might prove a little expensive.

    Thanks for sharing your find.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Margaret,

    Thanks for the offer and it is made of paper. I think I could ask them to custom one. A paper replica of a scratching pole. Perhaps they have done it before, not such an unusual request.

    ReplyDelete