Tuesday 4 December 2012

Painting Progress 2

Day 10

Day 16

Progress of painting by numbers after Week 2. I didn't do much last week, only two sittings.

I find the light green a little pale for my liking or is it the shade that I do not like but maybe the purpose is to contrast with the darker greens. I have yet to venture into another colour.

It is quite fun to see how the picture develops. I am torn between dabbing the colours on carefully within the lines or not so carefully. What is your opinion on this?

Also it is easier to paint when the acrylic paint is diluted a little but the lighter colours do not seem to cover the numbers properly.


2 comments:

  1. I haven't done a paint by number piece for many years. I always tried to carefully stay inside the lines, but then I was very disappointed in the results since that is not exactly how an artist would do it! I'm sure the kits have changed in nature over the years anyway. Sounds like you are having fun with it and that's all that really counts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the light green will blend in and will lift the darker greens when it's finished.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete