Tuesday 18 June 2013

Lace with Shell Motifs Edging WIP

 
This pattern is from the 'Tatting from Burda' book. It was an unusual pattern and what caught my attention were the shells. The pattern is tatted in two parts. First, I used Lizbeth Size 40 Purple Splendor for the individual motif. Then I used Lizbeth Size 40 Purple Dark for the second part with the shells. I forgot to do the Catherine Wheel Join. When I realized it, it was too late to correct it. But this is nice too, so I continued. Then after taking the photo, I realised more mistakes. I think this is going into the bin.

6 comments:

  1. that is an interesting edging. very nice look to it. I think you have picked pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pattern, what a pity, hope you try again with it.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't is weird how you can own a book and not see things but when someone else does, you think they're beautiful? These shells are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shell edges on the white tatting remind me of Romanian Point Lace! Very pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful edging... I think it is perfect for the shell-pink hankie you sent to me... ? But, can I tat it?
    Fox : ))

    ReplyDelete