Tuesday 6 September 2016

Art Nouveau Pouch Pattern



It was planned to get larger than this but it proved too fiddly for me.


After each motif, it had to be blocked before I could continue. Otherwise, the chains and rings did not sit flat. Perhaps in Size 20, the situation will improve a little. This pattern is from Tomoko Morimoto's book New Tatting on page 87. Done in Lizbeth Size 40 Ocean Sunset Col. 155 and Violet / Pink dark Col. 635. I do like the colours and the pattern design that it makes, like little windows.

These days, I'm in no mood to tat. I hope the situation will improve. Have not tatted much. I have been doing a lot of shopping though.

8 comments:

  1. That colorway looks awesome in that design!!!! :)
    You did a beautiful job tatting it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the effect but I can see it would be a bit of a fiddle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so Pretty! Love the thread. Does not look that fiddly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have already done quite a lot of tatting, so it's just fine to take 'time off'. I haven't had the inspiration to do any new tatting for quite a while, so I understand the situation. I do love to 'watch' everyone else tat, and I always keep up on the 'latest' creations via the blogs. I also continue to demonstrate with our group, which I have enjoyed doing for the past 25 years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way the colors flow with this motif. I can see where it would be a bit fiddly, but it seems that it's worth the effort!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is very pretty, an impressive design. Looks great as a square of four.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is this tatted with double colour thread or with 2 threads of different colours? may I have the pattern instructions please

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Amritha,
    It was tatted with 2 different colour threads: Lizbeth 155 is multicoloured for the chains and 635 is a solid colour for the rings. The pattern is found in the above book.

    ReplyDelete